Coal Mine Canyon - Coal Mine Mesa - Tuba City (Arizona)

Anfahrt. Der Coal Mine Canyon liegt im nördlichen Arizona, etwa 16 Meilen südöstlich von Tuba City.Von der SR 160 (state route) kommend, biegt man im Ort auf die SR 264 ab. Dieser folgt man dann für 15 Meilen und biegt kurz vor Milepost 337 links auf eine Dirt Road ab. Schon von weitem ist das große Windrad (siehe Foto) sichtbar, das nur wenige Meter vom Canyonrand entfernt steht.

Read More

Visit Coal Mine Canyon on your trip to Tuba City or United ...

Coal Mine Canyon, Arizona 86045, USA +1 928-679-2303. Create an itinerary including Coal Mine Canyon. ... The coal mine in the Valley was long close pg better discoveries further north. (The supplying coal power plant located right on Antelope Canyon) Down in the canyonen cultivated corn when there was good access to water only about a foot ...

Read More

You Need To Visit Coal Mine Canyon In Arizona

Coal Mine Canyon is known as haa'hon'ooji' by local Navajos, which describes the canyon's jagged-looking hoodoos and cliffs. The English name refers to a brief mining history in the canyon when American settlers attempted to mine coal in the late 1800s.

Read More

Directions from Tuba City to Coal Mine Canyon

Your directions start from Tuba City, AZ. And Coal Mine Canyon, AZ is the place you need to reach. We are sure that after getting road driving directions from Tuba City to Coal Mine Canyon will help you find the route from Tuba City to Coal Mine Canyon easier!

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon : Canyoneering : SummitPost

Coal Mine Canyon is a beautifully colored canyon located on the Navajo Reservation in Northern Arizona. The canyon was originally named "Honoo Jí" by the Navajo, …

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon - The Wave, Arizona

Coal Mine Canyon is a tributary of Moenkopi Wash and is about fifteen miles southeast of Tuba City, Arizona. The rim is on Navajo Nation land. The interior of the Coal Mine Canyon is part of the Hopi Nation and a Hopi guide is required to descend to the interior.

Read More

The Canyons of Moenkopi Wash, AZ Photo Gallery by Doug ...

Coal Mine Canyon is the best known of these canyons which also include Blue Canyon and Ha Ho No Geh Canyon. Entrada Sandstone (foreground) and Cow Springs Sandstone (background), Blue Canyon, AZ Coal Mine Canyon, AZ

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon, Navajo Indian Reservation, Arizona

Coal Mine Canyon is a remote ravine near Tuba City at the edge of the Painted Desert in the Navajo Indian Reservation of north Arizona, featuring colorful, …

Read More

Arizona - Little known scenic sites, drives and areas in ...

Little known scenic sites, drives and areas in western USA and Canada. Search this site. Feedback. ... Coal Mine Canyon. ... The canyon can easily be visited, as US-60 / Az-77 will take you all the way down into it and up again. The route seems to be quite popular among bikers.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon (in Santa Cruz County, AZ)

Coal Mine Canyon - Physical Feature (Valley) in Santa Cruz County. Coal Mine Canyon is a physical feature (valley) in Santa Cruz County. The primary coordinates for Coal Mine Canyon places it within the AZ 85648 ZIP Code delivery area.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon Arizona: come arrivare? Guida alla visita ...

Gli accessi al Coal Mine Canyon si trovano sulla AZ-264. Il punto di riferimento è Tuba City, una brutta cittadina sulla strada tra Page, Grand Canyon e Monument Valley, strategicamente perfetta dunque per un'eventuale tappa intermedia.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon, AZ - Silver State Ghost Towns

Photos of Coal Mine Canyon, AZ. On the border between the Hopi and Navajo Indian Reservations in the vast desert of northeast Arizona, Coal Mine Canyon is a long way from any famous attraction and is not signposted in any way yet has become quite well known because of the amazingly colorful formations that line the upper end of the ravine.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon, Navajo Nation, Arizona | AZGS

Coal Mine Canyon is lined with reddish sandstones and siltstones of Mesozoic age. The Canyon is situated in a remote locale bordering the eastern edge of the Painted Desert. On the mesa above the canyon, are longitudinal sands dunes. The quality of coal in the canyon is poor and active coal mining was discontinued decades ago.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon - west-usa-dream.blogspot.com

A partir de Tuba City: Prendre en direction du Sud la route AZ 264 et la suivre sur près de 25 km. Une piste sera sur votre gauche au niveau d'un ancien moulin à vent (borne mile 337), la suivre en direction de ce moulin à vent jusqu'à une aire de pique-nique où vous garerez votre véhicule, vous serez au bord de Coal Mine Canyon.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon - Your Hike Guide

Coal Mine Canyon is located only 70 miles from the east entrance of the most well-known canyon in the world, the Grand Canyon, yet it's safe to say that fewer than a couple hundred visitors each year see this colorful and remote canyon.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon (Tuba City) : 2019 Ce qu'il faut savoir ...

Az Hwy 264, 15 miles south-east of Tuba City, ... Obtenez des réponses rapides du personnel et personnes ayant visité le Coal Mine Canyon. Remarque : votre question sera affichée publiquement sur la page des Questions et réponses. Vérification : Envoyer. Consignes de publication.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon in Tuba City | Coal Mine Canyon AZ-264 ...

Includes Coal Mine Canyon Reviews, maps & directions to Coal Mine Canyon in Tuba City and more from Yahoo US Local. Find Coal Mine Canyon in Tuba City with Address, Phone number from Yahoo US Local. Includes Coal Mine Canyon Reviews, maps & directions to Coal Mine Canyon in Tuba City and more from Yahoo US Local ... AZ-264, Tuba City, AZ 86045 ...

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon (Tuba City) - 2019 All You Need to Know ...

Coal Mine Canyon, Tuba City: Address, Phone Number, Coal Mine Canyon Reviews: 4.5/5 ... 116 Reviews #1 of 5 things to do in Tuba City. Nature & Parks, Canyons. Az Hwy 264, 15 miles south-east of ... entrance, a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, several times till we finally realized that it was the way in to the coal canyon. worth the crazy ...

Read More

Hike Coal Mine Canyon - The Outbound Collective

Jul 14, 2015· Coal Mine Canyon is a remote gem of the southwest that borders the Hopi and Navajo Indian Reservation. Coal Mine Canyon is located about 15 miles from Tuba City Arizona, The access to the canyon is off of Hwy 264 between mile marker 337 and 338 (right around 337.25).

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon - Tuba City, AZ - yelp.com

Coal Mine Canyon is not in most of guidebooks so you can enjoy the colorful canyon and the solitude. It is in the Navajo land and it is close to the eastern edge of Painted Desert. There is absolutely no sign to tell you where the canyon is so here is how to get there.

Read More

Canyon

Coalmine Canyon known to the locals as Tsé Kó Hásání is located in Western Navajo Agency. The Coalmine Canyon Chapter house is located on Highway 264 and Route 6720 approximately 18 miles east of Tuba City, AZ.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon - uglyhedgehog.com

It would be a local phone call in Phoenix to contact the office of Arizona Highways magazine for info on Coal Mine Canyon as well as other nearby sights, hotels and dining. Looked at some of the B&W and Costa Rica images on your portfolio page - very nice, Dan.

Read More

Wide view of the canyon: Coal Mine Canyon, Arizona

Pictures of Coal Mine Canyon, Arizona: Wide view over Coal Mine Canyon, looking north. Photographs of Coal Mine Canyon. Previous Photo: ... Arizona, desert, erosion, strata, blue sky, coal mine mesa, navajo indian reservation, dakota sandstone, entrada sandstone, moenkopi wash, …

Read More

Ghost Stories and Mysteries of Coal Mine Canyon – Arizona ...

Coal Mine Canyon is located 16 miles southeast of Tuba City along Highway 264, between mileposts 336 and 337. Turn off at the windmill on the north side, cross a cattle guard and take the dirt road past the windmill for about a quarter-mile.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon (Tuba City) - 2019 All You Need to Know ...

Aug 12, 2017· Showcases the geology of the rock formations on the Hopi Reservation in Arizona. This was the one place we were allowed to take photographs on the Experience Hopi tour. ... dirt road with big holes but definately worth the effort. I wouldn't follow the sign that says Coal Mine Canyon unless you have a off road jeep but if you look ...

Read More

Navajo Nation Parks

Coal Mine Canyon. Coal Mine Canyon, just southeast of Tuba City, is a striking combination of red mudstone, bleached white rock and coal streaks. There are picnic tables on the rim of the canyon, and the play of sunlight off the different color rocks make for picturesque photography.

Read More

Coal Mine Canyon - Tuba City, Arizona - Sports ...

Posts about Coal Mine Canyon. Ty Morris added 13 photos and a video — in Coal Mine Canyon. January 11 at 10:53 AM · Trying to not kill ourselves before work. This place looks like a mini Grand Canyon. ... Tuba City, Arizona. Landmark. Coal Mine Canyon. English (US) · Español · Português (Brasil) · Français (France) · Deutsch.

Read More

Coal Mine Mesa, Arizona - Wikipedia

Coal Mine Mesa is a populated place situated in Coconino County, Arizona. It has an estimated elevation of 6,145 feet (1,873 m) above sea level. References

Read More